It’s hard to imagine this time last year newspaper headlines were about Donald Trump’s refusal to concede in the 2020 election and his plans to overturn the results.
One year later, under President Biden’s leadership, we have passed the historic Build Back Better bill in the House. It now goes onto the Senate. This is the most significant investment in our country’s future since FDR’s New Deal.
Build Back Better will improve quality of life, create jobs, reduce costs, tackle the climate crisis and rebuild the backbone of our country – the middle class.
This is a BIG DEAL!
Build Back Better will improve the lives of American families, children, and seniors. It is an investment in our country’s future. I am immensely proud of this legislation. Highlights the Build Back Better Bill include:
- Providing Universal Pre-K for all three- and four-year-olds.
- Capping childcare costs at 7% or less for millions of working families.
- Expanding the Child Tax Credit – putting money directly in the hands of parents.
- Raising the cap on state and local tax deductions.
- Allowing the government to negotiate with drug companies, lowering prescription costs.
- Establishing a hearing benefit in Medicare.
- Supporting small businesses by increasing access to capital.
- Extending Affordable Care Act tax credits to give more Americans health insurance.
- Investing in clean energy resiliency, development, and procurement to fight the climate crisis.
- Training Americans for the jobs of the future through education and workforce development.
- Creating 1 million new affordable housing units.
- Developing high-speed rail projects and connecting affordable housing to transit
- Ensuring sufficient funding for treating and monitoring health conditions for 9/11 responders and survivors.
Under Democratic leadership, we have passed two of the most significant pieces of legislation for the middle-class: both our infrastructure package and now Build Back Better. This kind of landmark work cannot continue without your support, and we cannot afford to let the GOP make any strides next year. We MUST maintain a majority in the House and hold the Senate in 2022.
Thank you. This historic legislative victory is because of your hard work and activism, calls made, doors knocked, letters written, and your contributions. Your support electing Democrats is the reason we were able to pass the Build Back Better bill in the House and Infrastructure and Jobs Act. The future of our country is bright.