VOTE ON OR BEFORE TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 3!
This is one of the most consequential elections we’ll see in our lifetime. We’re facing unprecedented challenges because of COVID-19 and the economic crisis, and we need every vote we can get so we can begin the hard work towards recovery.
In Connecticut, you have two ways to vote:
1. Via absentee ballot.
Every voter is eligible to vote via absentee ballot because of COVID-19. Request your absentee ballot application now, if you have not received it. Once you receive your absentee ballot in the mail, follow these steps:
- Fill out your ballot completely
- Sign the inner envelope
- Return it via mail or one of the official ballot drop boxes.
2. In-person at the polls.
The polls will be open this Tuesday, November 3 from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. Find your polling location here.
Are you registered to vote?
The most important step to make sure your voice is heard this election is registering to vote. Register to vote at Vote.org. The deadline to register online to vote in Connecticut is October 27. Same-day voter registration will be available at polling locations.
It is particularly important that your address is up to date this year so that you will receive both an absentee ballot application and your absentee ballot on time. If you have recently moved or changed your name, you will also need to update your voter registration.
Return Your Absentee Ballot Application
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, every voter is eligible to vote via absentee ballot, provided you fill out an absentee ballot application.
Absentee ballot applications arrived to every registered voter’s mailbox in mid-September. If you have not received your absentee ballot application yet, download the application online, fill it out and return it via mail or the official ballot drop box in your town. It is critical that you return your application as soon as possible to prevent any delays.
Absentee Ballot Application Instructions:
- Fill out the entire application
- Check the COVID-19 box under Section II, or other reason why you are voting via absentee ballot
- Sign and seal the application
- Return the application to your town clerk via mail (it has prepaid postage) or drop it off at your town’s official ballot drop box
Vote via Absentee Ballot
In Connecticut, absentee ballots will be mailed out beginning Friday, October 2 by Town Clerks to all voters who requested one via the absentee ballot application.
Once You Receive Your Ballot:
- Fill out your ballot carefully
- Follow all the instructions
- Seal your ballot
- Return your ballot to your town clerk via mail (it has prepaid postage) or drop it off at your town’s official ballot drop box.