Register to Vote
This is one of the most consequential elections we’ll see in our lifetime. We’re facing unprecedented challenges because of COVID-19 and the economic crisis, and we need every vote we can get so we can begin the hard work towards recovery.
The most important step to make sure your voice is heard this election is registering to vote. Register to vote at Vote.org as soon as possible.
Check Your Status
For those who have already registered to vote, click here to ensure that you’re still registered and that your address is correct.
It is particularly important that your address is up to date this year so that you will receive both an absentee ballot application and your absentee ballot on time.
Return Your Absentee Ballot Application
The Connecticut Secretary of the State will send an absentee ballot application with prepaid postage to every registered voter.
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, every voter is eligible to vote via absentee ballot, provided you fill out an absentee ballot application.
Absentee ballot applications should arrive to your mailbox in mid-September. It is critical that you return your application as early as possible to prevent any delays.
Once You Receive Your Ballot Application:
- Fill out the entire application
- Check the COVID-19 box under Section II
- Sign and seal the application
- Return the application to your town clerk via mail (prepaid postage) or drop it off at your town’s official ballot drop box
Vote via Absentee Ballot
In Connecticut, absentee ballots will be mailed out after October 3 by town clerks to all voters who requested one via the absentee ballot application.
Once You Receive Your Ballot:
- Fill out your ballot carefully
- Follow all the instructions
- Seal your ballot
- Return your ballot to your town clerk via mail (prepaid postage) or drop it off at your town’s official ballot drop box.